Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Do Not Be Anxious

 


Lenten Reflection #16

 

 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life…” – Matthew 6:25

 

John the Baptist: “In all that He said to those thousands of people, there was something just for you…for what you are going through. What was it? Something that stuck with you.”

 

Andrew: “Don’t be anxious.”

 

Andrew was me as I faced anxieties brought by our new situation at home. My 92-year old Papa’s yaya had to leave to attend to her own family. My elder son and I have to cope with taking care of Papa and doing the housework. I also have to contend with the expenses, documentation and dealing with government agencies related to some property matters. I was afraid the stress would trigger another amnesia episode like the one I had at the beginning of the pandemic.

 

It was timely that the Jesus story I watched was The Chosen’s “Homecoming” about the Sermon on the Mount. The conversation above happened when Andrew visited John in Herod’s dungeons. And just like Andrew, “Do not be anxious” was a bullseye for me.

 

Timelier still was that the Didache reflection for today was my own. It was about our family’s trials during the Christmas season of 2021. Let me share it here:

 


Many times, what we need to banish our anxieties is a reminder of how God had taken care of us in the past.  I remembered during that time what calmed me down was the vision of Jesus walking before me, beside me and behind me.

 

 

Reference:       The Chosen Season 3 Episode 1 – “Homecoming”

No comments:

Post a Comment