Monday, April 27, 2020

Reset Your Life



“New wine must be poured into new wineskins.” – Luke 5:38

Blogging/writing is something I enjoy doing. It is also my small way of giving back the glory to God for all His blessings. But these past few years, it has taken a back seat to other interests. I only blog diligently to journal my travels abroad.

Day 21 of QuaRetreat, Bro Arun and Sis Lallaine Gogna’s nightly quarantine retreat on FB Live, gave me something to think about. These are the things they said that pricked my sleeping passion:

“When your gadget is not working properly, you reset it so it will function very well. In this lockdown, the Lord is resetting the world, even us. Do you know what it is the Lord is changing in you? There’s something there that you don’t see. When this lockdown happened, you saw it in a different angle. The Lord is changing us. The Lord is showing us something we need to reset.”
Bro Arun added this prayer: “I pray you say yes to God and press the reset button.”

That talk stirred the waters. I thought about my blogs. I have 3 – My B.A.G. of Miracles, Happy Faith and Happy Fit & Fab. The first two were unfocused and I somehow “lost” them. (Read more about that in Start Here of this blog.) Days after that fateful talk, I began to research, to refocus, to redesign and more importantly to repurpose my blogs. As I did these, excitement to write again gripped me. The clearer focus for each blog filled my head to overflowing with ideas of the things I wanted to write about. These are the new directions my blogs will be taking:
  •         Happy Solo Faith will be dedicated to solo parents. I performed surgery on my old blogs to cut out its heart for solo parents and transplanted it here. My aim is to make it a survival guide for them.


Hero Independent Parents 2019 Retreat 
(Photo from HIP FB page)



  •         Happy Feet & Travel B.A.G. is a new blog that will be launched very soon. It will be dedicated to travel, what else 😊 This was a segment of my old blogs and given its own home. It will feature more than my previous travel logs. This is exciting me no end. How excited? I’m writing a blog post and already ideas for two or three more articles are already knocking...no make that pounding…on the door. That excited!


Marian Pilgrimage 2019 

  •         Happy Fit & Fab has always been clearly focused on fitness but this lockdown prompted me to make the focus more defined and reboot it into a fitness and fabness blog for people over fifty. (So, when I reach that age, I’ll know what to do hahaha)

Sun Warrior with Walis for the creative yogi under lockdown

There Lord, I’ve pressed the reset button.

I’m passing on Bro Arun’s question to those reading this blog especially solo parents who feel lost and afraid: What is the Lord asking you to reset in this COVID-19 lockdown? 

No comments:

Post a Comment