Thursday, September 21, 2023

BTB (Behind the Blog)

 


“How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?”- 1 Thessalonians 3:9

 

If there’s such a thing as BTS (sorry faneys, not the Korean boy band but Behind the Scene), I have today a BTB (Behind the Blog). Last week, my reflection was “Sharing Crosses”. They were general thoughts based on the homily that struck me that day. Little did I know that the very next day, as I posted it, I would have a specific story to tell of my cross being shared.

 

Last week, covid hit my family, all three of us at home. It would not have been as scary as at the start of the pandemic because as my doctor-cousin said, “It’s more like the flu now. BUT (and there’s the rub) it could still be fatal for people whose health is compromised like Papa.” My 92-year-old father was the last in the family to be hit. My son and I were barely recuperating when he tested positive. It was panic time! We need a prescription for the anti-viral medicine as my cousin is US-based. We need to source the medicine as it is not readily available. Plus none of us could go out to buy it as we were still sick. I shared my cross and asked for prayers.

 

And the Lord moved right away! My prayer group head jumped in to help by finding a doctor to write the prescription. She even tried to find other doctors to monitor Papa. A doctor who serves at The Feast wrote the prescription and even offered a few pieces of the needed medicine she had left over from her own bout with covid. And my kababata/distant cousin found a source for the medicine and delivered it right to our gate.

 

Not only that, but we were also immediately lifted up in prayer by my bff/cousin, my Mother Caring Group/LG, my EBLG, and HIP friends. What an abundance of friends to share my cross!

 

Like I told them, “I thank God for you.”

 

Let me end this BTB by repeating my message last week: Crosses are meant to be shared.

 

Oh and by the way, by God’s grace, Papa had the mildest of symptoms as he was the only one who did not have fever. And our whole household is now negative including Papa’s yaya. That was God working Behind The Scene. 

1 comment: